Monday, December 04, 2006

Stitches and Hikes

I had a very eventful weekend. I have a little fascination with lamps...they're so fun to shake. And I know that my mommies always get very upset with me when I do this...and now I know why.

I had a quick opportunity to grab a floor lamp and give it a good shake..and then suddenly there was a loud crash and glass flew. Mommy Mindy was very upset and yelled, "No, Levi!" But then she saw my face and got even more upset. I guess one of those pieces of glass managed to give me a pretty good cut on my cheek. Lots of things started happening...bandaids flew, antibacterial ointment was spread, and panicked phone calls were made. I felt fine and mostly wanted to wander around looking at my toys. Then I was whisked into the car (and given a teething biscuit...yippee!)

Everything was fine until we got to the embassy where I was taken to see Mr. Rob, the medical officer. Then I got held down by three people (including my mommies) while Mr. Rob gave me a shot in the face (local anesthetic) and then three horrible stitches. This required hysterical crying on my part...I mean, really, would you have done anything differently? I stopped once it was all over--it didn't hurt when they weren't messing around with it.

Maybe the hike that I got to take on Saturday sort of made up for it all. My wonderful preschool teacher and her family took me and my mommies up into the mountains. I got to go in the backpack carrier and see everything! And my preschool teacher and her husband and especially her two kids are the most fun. Best of all, they LOVE me.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

Poor Levi and poor mommies. (And maybe even poor Mr. Rob.)

(At least if he has a scar, it will have a good story. This is the scar I got when I was a toddler living in Albania....)

Now I'm all the more nervous about the floor lamp that Noah keeps reaching for every time he's in range. Thanks for the warning on lamp danger.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one big adventure. It's great to keep up with you through your blog. You've inspired us to do the same. BTW I'm going to start looking into flight fares, beware you may have visitors!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Levi! Not everyone's first trip to the emergency room takes place in an embassy. I hope Mommy Mindy and Mamma Melissa have recovered from the event. We can hear Mommy Melissa saying, "O my God! O my God!" all the way in DC. We love the pictures - the scenic ones are definitely going to bring you some visitors!

Anonymous said...

All of a sudden, I'm looking at our Christmas tree with a little more trepidation. Then again, not only do we have it tied to the wall just in case, the lights have a "slow fade" setting -- which has caused Xan to tell the lights, "On! Off! On! Off!" Maybe Levi should try that with the lamps -- I guarantee that it would make the mommies giggle.