Saturday, January 13, 2007

Let's Talk Turkey


I know, I know, I don't post enough. But I'm so busy playing with my new Hannukah toys and reading my new books I just haven't had time.

So okay, I need to catch up. At the end of December, we all (including my Tia TJ) went to Istanbul. It's a short flight, which means I only had a limited time to squirm, scream, and flail around. We rented a two-bedroom apartment, which was much higher than it was wide, in the Sultanahmet area, near many of the most famous sites. My moms were a little worried that I might fall down one of the four sets of very steep stairs, but, fortunately, I didn't. I didn't even wake up during the 5:30 am call to prayer, which was VERY loud.

Here's the Blue Mosque, as seen from our rooftop terrace, and a picture of the dome from the inside.



















I visited Topkopi palace, a very old palace of the sultans. I had a great time there, especially because I kept being stopped by groups of adoring schoolgirls who wanted to take my picture. Ladies, ladies, no need to push...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While Levi is the main attraction in these photos, the two pictures of the mosque, from your apartment and from below the dome are spectacular, especially the one with the towers of the mosque!