Friday, January 20, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle

I love my Mama Melissa & Mommy Mindy, but to tell the truth we all need a break every now and then. That's why they went to the movies...and I got to go back to Mimi Marina's & Tia TJ's house!

As I mentioned before, my home away from home is in a part of the vast andcolorful D.C. urban jungle known as Petworth. So naturally, I learned about pets!
Mimi has an African Grey named Greta, but for some reason Tia just calls her Mean Bird. The parrot puffed her feathers when she saw me so Tia wouldn't let me go close or put my fingers in her cage...Instead she just held me tight and hugged me, muttering something about Mimi's taste in flying rodents.

Then I met this cute and furry orange thing named Catarina. At first I was a bit worried; I didn't know that was what you called a "kitty." But then I realized that she's just a scaredy cat, and I had nothing to fret over. Catarina inched near my play yard and I was ready to share my space, but instead she just bolted the other direction and I never saw her again. Maybe we can play another time.

I still wanted more creatures, so Tia TJ turned on Animal Planet and told me all about the lions and cubs she played with in Zimbabwe. I can't believe all the different kinds of pets that live in the world! I think the monkeys are my favorite, because they get to make funny faces, eat mushy bananas and they can swing from trees. I'm going to ask my mommies for one as soon as I can talk. Tia said they would say yes!

And just WHEN are they going to take me to meet Tai-Shan??? Do they thinkI don't know what a ZOO is??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greta LOVES Tia TJ!