Friday, April 28, 2006

When I'm Not On The Swings I'm Socializing

Okay, so swings might be close to my favorite thing...but hanging out with my buddies is even better. And I've gotten to do a lot of that lately!!

Let me start with some unexpected socializing. My Mommy Mindy, my elf Diana, and I all went out to see the bluebells in bloom on April 11 (I know, I know...I've been slow with the photos). But who did we run into along the way? Mommy Mindy's friend she hasn't seen in years, Jame! And she, of course, was very happy to meet me.





But, we did have a little bit of trouble on our way home. Some plastic splash guard under the car partly fell off and dragged on the pavement...while we were driving on I-66! Elf Diana was very ingenious and figured out how to rig it up--at least until we could get home--with a piece of an umbrella, a camera case strap, and some dental floss. Yes, dental floss. The only really frustrating part was that she and Mommy Mindy made me stay trapped in my car seat in the car while they got to do everything fun. I screamed a lot, but they still wouldn't let me out. I could have helped too--I like to play with bits of plastic and camera straps!



But fortunately I've had a lot of fun getting to play with Aunt Heather (visiting from Seattle again...just to see me, of course, even though she pretends to be working), Aunt Monica (visiting from Toronto), my buddy Naveh, and my buddy Alex. This is the life!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you had dental floss in the car.

What a scary adventure. I'm glad everyone was ok!

Anonymous said...

Mindy and Melissa believe in being prepared....after all, Levi said he's going to have teeth!

Levi said...

Actually, Elf Diana was prepared with the dental floss, since Mommy Mindy couldn't find the bungee cords...which later turned out to have been in the car all along! See, I knew they should have let me help!