Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back to my roots

I rode in my car seat a LONG way to see my Charleston people. I had a great time, especially with my Granny and Granddaddy.


My mommies went to go see Susan (my mama's longest knowing friend) and Anthony get married, and I couldn't believe I didn't get to go. And the reception was at the Charleston Aquarium? It was a good thing that Granny and Granddaddy played with me a lot and took me for a stroll to Alhambra Hall.
My mama got to see her friends from high school, but they did not get to see me! Only pictures, and I'm much cuter in person.

I loved playing with Vickie and staying with her and Brandon. When I grow up I want to be just like Brandon.







I had a lot of fun meeting Myra at the Starbucks in Mt Pleasant. Myra was a little worried that people would give my mama a hard time if I breastfed while we were there. Can you imagine?








Julie made me laugh by holding me up in the air -- I love that! I'm sorry that she's not coming to visit later this month. :(













I also met Scott, who is just a little bigger than I am. He shared his toys and we had lots of fun.








And I also got to meet Mary, my mama's college roommate, Scott's Mom. She knitted me a fun toy that I played with in the very boring car seat.










My mama's friend Julie was nice enough to send her this picture from high school. What is that look?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *love* the picture of Melissa from high school. I know that look! It's the "You are PAINFULLY in need of subtlety lessons!" look.

Is that a mullet?

Anonymous said...

Close enough to count, but a much better fashion choice than the 80s perm that followed.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember this hairstyle at all, but the 80s perm is forever imprinted in my mind along with our fake Giorgio body spray