Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Do I Look Bigger To You?


So, today was my five week birthday. And, in celebration, I got to go to the pediatrician's office. Not bad, although they do that irritating thing where they stick those pointy lights in your nose and eyes. Excuse me, but I don't want anything but my fingers poking me in those places--so I screamed...and screamed. I stopped once they did--that'll teach 'em.

But it was fun learning how much bigger I've gotten. All that eating that I'm doing is paying off. Here's my stats: I weigh 11 pounds, 7 ounces. That's almost 3 pounds heavier than when I was born, and it puts me in the 83rd percentile for weight. As a point of reference, the 12 week old baby panda at the national zoo weighs just 11 pounds and 4 ounces.

I'm now 23 inches long...2 inches more than on day one, and in the 90th percentile for height. And my head is pretty big too--40 centimeters around, and the 84 percentile for head size. No wonder my moms keep talking about how heavy I am and I keep outgrowing my clothes.

So, I thought I'd post a comparison picture of me in my car seat. Do you think I look bigger than the day I came home from the hospital?

And I couldn't resist throwing in this other little photo of me. You never really can have enough milk, can you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Little Levi, you look bigger! I think you're growing and growing and growing.

At my last ultrasound, your future playmate Lil Smudge measured in the 90th percentile for the size of his head too. It looks like both of you are going to be big boys as you grow up.

Cezar said...

Levi,

Tio Julio is writing you from India, and my oh my, you are so so so big already. I cannot imagine how big your head will be by the time I see you next May. I miss you and your mommies so much, and I hope that soon after you can travel your mommies let you come to India. It is an amazing place where you can learn a great deal about poverty, religion, foods and meditation and yoga.
Love you so much.
Tio Julio

Anonymous said...

Levi,

You are such a big and beautiful baby. I think that you look alot like your Mommy Melissa. Tell her and Mommy Mindy that you want to come to SC soon and visit the beach, the battery and eat some shrimp and grits when you can. I can't wait to meet you and tell you about your Mommy Melissa when she was a little girl.
Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

My goodness. You are almost bigger than I am! And Melissa seems much skinnier. Coincidence? Maybe not.

Anonymous said...

I think Levi's head is perfect!